Thursday, January 28, 2010

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed

I had such a cranky day today. I didn't want to get up, I was not at all charmed by the kids chasing the truck and shouting "azungu" and everything was making me angry.

Lacey was also feeling cranky and I was quite glad to have her: together we turned our crankiness into snarky humor which alleviated much of the feeling behind the rancor. The HSAs were certainly not helping our mood: they were filling out cards wrong, sitting doing nothing, seemingly making up weights and then staring at us blankly when we tried to correct their errors. During a height board lull, Lacey stands up and goes "I'm going to go rain some fire down on the HSAs." Needless to say I'm happy it was a relatively short day.

A quick mango fix, trip to the Malawi Sun (a food court type place at a local hotel) and sharing some funny stories from the day with the team has taken care of my crankiness and I'm feeling much better.

We're off to Lake Malawi this weekend! We're leaving directly from one of our sites tomorrow so likely I won't be doing any blogging unless I'm feeling ambitious later tonight. Hope everyone is having a good end to their week.

No comments:

Post a Comment